I found a fast and simple recipe that my husband would actually try. It is from “Taste of Home, Quick Cooking” magazine dated Dec 2004. I decided it was time to try some of the recipes or get rid of the magazines. This is my first ( of I hope many) I will try this Summer.
prep time 25 mins
1 package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini (I just used the frozen)
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
1 package (15 oz) refrigerated marinara sauce (I used the jar)
1 can (14.5 oz) diced Italian tomatoes, undrained
1/2 pound of sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup (4 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
Cook tortellini according to package directions.
I chopped my mushrooms and thought it looked like a lot, so I only used the amount on the right.
While the tortellini is cooking, brown your sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink: drain.
Stir in marinara sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat: cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Drain Tortellini: stir into skillet. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Remove from heat: cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield : 8 servings!
I had to transfer the everything to a big pot to mix it together. It was too much for my biggest skillet. Hope you enjoy! My husband even went back for seconds.
Yea! I have finished another UFO project. This is a pattern from Need’l Love Company. I bought the kit that included the wool and the pattern at an estate sale several years ago. I only paid $2.50 for this kit and it had the original price marked at $10.00. My friend, Laura will be so proud of me when she reads this post. (She said it’s only a bargain if you finish it!) I purchased the fabric for the pillow top on a trip to Amish Co. about 2 or 3 years ago.
This is what my project looked like when I retrieved it from it’s hiding place. Unlike the Color Wheel, it was not in need of any “un-sewing”. I just needed to press everything and cut the material for the pillow. I then used the blanket stitch to attach the wool to what would be the front of the pillow. I didn’t use a pillow form and I think it looks like I used a little too much stuffing. Silly me…I had some left in a bag and just kept stuffing until I got it all in the pillow. It made it kinda’ hard to sew the border. Oh well, another project marked off my list. Does that only make 3 done and two added? I guess I have really only gotten my list down by one!
I am leaving on Friday for a four-day trip to Mrs. Miller’s Cabin in Charm, Oh. I am only taking hand sewing projects and hope I can resist buying any new projects. Enjoy your weekend!
painting with bottles
It is a beautiful Summer day here in Ohio. I spent part of the day painting my Mother-in-law’s porch and daydreaming. It is so easy to let your mind wander while you are working outside on a worthwhile project. I didn’t take my iPod, so I was just alone with my thoughts. I remembered the photos I snapped earlier this Spring at Pre-school of a painting project. This was done with the bottom of a water bottle and the bottom of a two liter pop bottle (or soda depending on what part of the country you are from).
painting with bottles
This wasn’t my idea, the super creative teacher came up with the project. I was in charge of the center. I filled 4 paper plates with WASHABLE paint (very important to make it washable) I used blue, red, yellow and orange, but any colors will do. The stems were just drawn with green crayons. The greatest thing about this fun project is the clean-up. You can throw everything in the trash and don’t even have to wash out any paint brushes. This would be a great way to fill some of those “Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer . The days of soda….”
painting with bottles
I made an example for the students and this little guy made his like mine. The top picture was made by Logan (I forgot to crop out his name). He told me he was going to make his flowers beautiful. He was right…More is Better!! This just goes to show you the students are much more creative than Ms. Kim!!
Hexagon color Wheel
Yea! I have completed a UFO! This was a project from a class hosted by our quilt guild. It was taught by Cindy Casciato from Ravenna, Oh. I am not sure what year I started this project, but the copyright on the pattern is January 1992. I found this piece while I was completing my UFO list. It was such a small project, I wondered why I hadn’t finished it.
When I took the project out of its hiding place, this is what it looked like. Almost complete?
I pressed the pieces and it became very clear why this project had been in hiding. It was being punished for not staying in line.
Not only didn’t is stay in line on the left, it refused to stay in line on the right! Bad color wheel!
Could it really be the color wheel’s fault? Did it deserve another chance or was it off to file 13? I have trouble giving up on things, so I started checking out the seams. Now I got it, the sewing machine was at fault!! (of course it could have had something to do with the quilter). Look at the difference in the correct seam allowance.
UFO # 79
I spent about an hour getting it back in line and fudged the edge a bit, but it is now complete! It is so funny to look at the top picture and see the tumbling blocks, because when you look at the bottom picture you see the star. 2 down 78 to go!!
I’m in for a busy Summer!!
- Cricut Soccer Birthday Card
I have a son-in-law that is an avid soccer fan. This is the birthday card I made him this year. I used the Groovy Cricut cartridge for the British Flag and Sports Mania for the words. I used a Stampin Up punch for the top of the blue to make it look like a page torn out of a notebook. I love this punch. I also used Stampin Up products for the stamped portion of the card. Simple card and simple post….Happy Summer Vacation!!
Cricut Birthday Card